You've just bought your new carbon fins, took them for a dive, but then you stored them wet under the beach towel on a hot day! Guess what, by the next day some terrible white marks will appear. Don't worry though, we've got you covered. White marks develop on carbon fins for a number of reasons. The most common one is due to wrong storage and bad handling. Here's what you can do to get rid of them, in 10 easy steps.
1. Wash them well with cold water and soap. Make sure you don’t use the “rough” part of the sponge.
2. Rinse them thoroughly and let them dry completely.
3. Remove the stickers using a razor blade scraper.
4. Be persistent, make sure they are completely glue-free.
5. Use 100% pure acetone - not nail polish remover - on a towel to clean them.
6. Rub and clean thoroughly both sides of the blade.
7. Wipe down with a clean cloth and let them dry.
8. Place new stickers.
9. Spray with silicone spray (i.e. car dashboard renovator).
10. Wipe down with a clean cloth.
All done! Your carbon fins are as good as new!
Shot & Edited Roni Essex
Music: Be Yourself by Oliver Michael
Read More Complete Guide Articles:
Restore Your Carbon Fins – No More White Marks & Scratches
Jonathan Sunnex Explains Why One Should Attend A Course
On Point Advice For Choosing The Right Carbon Fins For Freediving & Spearfishing
Book Your Next Spearfishing Trip
Breathe Better, Dive Safer
Do It Right